Tuesday, August 13, 2024

From Psalm 38 Douay Rheims

O Lord, make me know my end.

And what is the number of my days: * that I may know what is wanting to me.

Behold thou hast made my days measurable: * and my substance is as nothing before thee.

And indeed all things are vanity: * every man living.

Surely man passeth as an image: * yea, and he is disquieted in vain.

He storeth up: * and he knoweth not for whom he shall gather these things.

And now what is my hope? Is it not the Lord? * And my substance is with thee.

Deliver thou me from all my iniquities: * thou hast made me a reproach to the fool.

Saint Januarius, Bishop, and his Companions, Martyrs

**S. Januarii Episcopi and Sociorum Martyrum** refers to **Saint Januarius, Bishop, and his Companions, Martyrs**. Saint Januarius, also kno...